What is the average cost of new roof?
Replacing a roof is a major home renovation project that can be expensive. The average cost of a new roof can vary depending on the material you choose, the size of your home, and the contractor you hire.
There are a few factors that can affect the cost of a new roof.
- The material you choose is a big factor, with asphalt shingles being one of the more affordable options.
- The size of your home also matters, as larger homes will require more materials and labor.
- Finally, the contractor you hire will also play a role in the final cost. Be sure to get quotes from multiple contractors to get the best price.
So what is the average cost of a new roof?
The average cost of a new roof can vary depending on the material you choose, the size of your home, and the contractor you hire.
In general, the average cost of a new roof varies, for instance, asphalt shingles will cost between $3 and $10 per square foot installed, while slate or tile roofing can cost as much as $50 per square foot installed. However, the final cost will depend on a variety of factors.
Tips for preparing for your new roof installation
Replacing a roof is a major home renovation project, so it’s important to prepare for it. Here are a few tips to help make the process go smoothly:
- Get quotes from multiple contractors. This will help you get the best price for the work.
- Check with your insurance company to see if they’ll cover any of the costs. Many policies cover roof replacement, up to a certain amount.
- Remove any items from the roof that could be damaged during the installation process. This includes plants, furniture, and toys.
- Make sure you have access to the roof so that the contractor can get in and out easily. If there’s no easy way to access the roof
- Have a plan for where you’ll stay during the installation process. It’s important to be out of the house while the work is being done, as there will be noise and dust.
- Choose a time for the installation that works for you. Many contractors offer weekend or evening appointments to make it easier for homeowners to schedule around their work and other commitments.